STAR 99.9 ON-AIR OFFICIAL RULES
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Contests are open to residents of Connecticut only.
3. If contest winner is under the age of 18 they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to claim their prize.
4. Difficulties with phone lines to enter the contest or getting to the STAR 99.9 studios to claim the prizes are not the responsibility of STAR 99.9.
5. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner and therefore you must present a valid Social Security Card before claiming your prize.
6. Employees, associates, interns, other related sponsors of STAR 99.9 and our parent company, Connoisseur Media, LLC Enterprises and their immediate families and any employees from other radio stations shall be ineligible to participate in this contest. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
7. All prizes must be picked up within 30 days of winning – unless prize is time sensitive (ie: event tickets) – or prize will be considered forfeited.
8. All cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a check that must be picked up at the STAR 99.9 studios during regular business hours.
9. There will be no substitution for prizes. Participation in the contest and the prizes awarded are non-transferable. Failure to collect the prize constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of STAR 99.9. Another winner will not be selected.
10. By participating in a STAR 99.9 contest, winners and contestants grant permission to STAR 99.9 to use their name, photograph, voice and or likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes without additional consideration.
11. STAR 99.9 reserves the right to make rule or contest changes without notice at any time. STAR 99.9 also reserves the right to change the aforementioned contest dates without notice.
12. We reserve the right to substitute any prize with one of equal or greater value.
13. The decision of the STAR 99.9 management in the interpretation of these rules is final. By participating, persons agree to be bound by the decision of the judges and the official rules.
14. If a winner is found in violation of these rules, he/she may be required to forfeit his/her prize.
15. STAR 99.9, its representatives, agencies and employees are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award and or use of the prize.
16. Failure to observe any of the above rules absolves STAR 99.9 of any and all liability and no prize awards will be considered for reimbursement.
17. Listeners accessing our station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, STAR 99.9 cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering this contest, listeners acknowledge their understanding and agreement to this specific provision of the contest rules.
18. Additional rules may be added for specific contests at the discretion of the station.
19. A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the STAR 99.9 Studios 440 Wheelers Farms Road, Suite 302, Milford, CT 06461 during regular business hours Monday – Friday 8:30am-5:30pm.
20. We are not responsible for failed phone connections or dropped calls during any of our contests. If call is taken and disconnected or dropped during contest, the next caller will be taken as winner.
21. “Can’t Beat Raven” contestants can only play once every two weeks.