Miss any of The Big Jim and Anna Show today? You can always catch up with our Cliff Notes! The abbreviated version of the show!
DAILY DISH is brought to you by:
Kanye West played the Made in America Festival in Philadelphia on Saturday, and he came to rant about Jay Pharoah's impression of him.
Maroon 5 has revealed their World Tour itinerary to coincide with their official album release V (Five) today. This is also their new single called Animals-
They’ll be on with Jimmy Fallon tonight. Amy Harvey was the winner of our Summer Send Off and won the iPad and we gave away tons of Maroon 5’s new album too!
This was the weekend of weddings. First a CT celebrity wedding! Ashlee Simpson married Diana Ross’s son Evan at her home in Greenwich. Diana was the officiant. Jessica Simpson was her matron of honor and Ashlee’s five-year-old son Bronx walked his mom down the aisle- She’s from her first marriage to Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz. Also married? Donnie Wahlberg to Jenny McCarthy- but one person that didn't show up? His brother Mark. But he did Instagram this video:
FOOD NETWORKS’S HUNTER ZAMPA
Stamford’s own local celebrity chef, 14-year-old Hunter Zampa joined us on the air to talk about lunch ideas for your kids lunch boxes! Check out his website here.
Here’s some of his recipes!
Sesame Peanut Noodles
1 cup smooth Peanut Butter
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 tbsp. Fish Sauce
1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
1 tbsp. Rice Vinegar
3 tbsp. fresh chopped Cilantro
2 packages fresh Udon Noodles
Sesame Seeds to top
- Make your sauce. Combine first six ingredients. If your sauce seizes up add soy sauce until it turns into a smooth mixture.
- Cook noodles according to package ingredients.
- Mix warm noodles with sauce and top with sprinkles of sesame seeds.
- Caprese Ciabatta Sandwich
- 1 piece fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Arugula
- 1 tb Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tb Olive Oil
- 1 Heirloom Tomato
- 2 Cups Basil
- 2 tb Pine Nuts
- 2 tb Parmigianino Reggiano
- Olive Oil
- 1 Loaf Ciabatta Bread
- -Make your pesto. In a food processor, combine basil, pine nuts, and Parmigianino. Add Olive Oil until slightly chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
- -Slice Tomatoes and Mozzarella into equal slices, about ½ inch.
- -Dress Arugula with vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper.
- -Slice bread into 2 inch slices.
- Make sandwich. Spread 1 tb pesto on a slice of bread, and layer tomatoes and mozzarella, two times. Add a little arugula, and top with another piece of bread. Repeat until everything used.
- 1 head Bibb or Butter lettuce, sliced
- ½ head radicchio or purple cabbage
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- Grapefruit segments
- ½ cup each organic freeze-dried corn and blueberries
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped or snap peas
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
Blueberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup blueberries, pureed and run through a sieve
- In a large bowl, place lettuce on the bottom
- Make a rainbow pattern with the veggies, almost like a cobb salad
- Make the dressing. Pour oil and vinegar slowly into the blueberry juice, whisking constantly. Season
- Dress salad and toss
CELEB NUDE LEAK-
Everyone’s talking about the nude pictures that were released from the hacked accounts of major celebrities like Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawrence… We discuss, do people really take naked selfies when they’re dating? Is that the norm now? Anna thinks not, Jim says definitely. You can add your thoughts to our Facebook page @BigJimandAnna.
HONDA OF WESTPORT COUPLE’S COURT: Right Age for iPhone
Kayla and Chris joined us together today to figure out what’s the right age for a smart phone. Their daughter is 10-years-old and Kayla thinks she’s mature enough for one, Chris disagrees. The audience was torn but ultimately agreed that ten is too young for a smart phone. The consensus was 12-13 was a better age to start considering it.