Listen to Kevin & Jenna every afternoon from 2pm-7pm on Star 99.9. Fun, fast-moving conversations about pop culture, family, and Connecticut life. Kevin & Jenna keep you up to date on everything you need to know as you wind down your workday with news and entertainment segments, plus daily interviews from Connecticut influences in “The Feed”. Listen at 4pm for “I Should Have Known That” to win tickets to an upcoming show.
Follow Kevin & Jenna
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Latest from Kevin & Jenna
- THE FEED: Local Music and Ice Cream SocialsEvery Friday in The Feed Kevin and Jenna talk to Megan from CampByMama.com about all the great things to do in Connecticut with the family. Today we chat about all the great events Star 99.9 will be attending, Jenna’s first show at the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater, and more fun events to look forward to this weekend! Megan’s…… Continue Reading
- I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT!All week we have your chance to win tickets to Niall Horan at the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater June 2024! (Yep, that’s right! We’re getting you in a year early!) Play trivia every day at 4pm to win. Here was today’s question if you missed it… Q: 42% of people prefer doing this at the same time as their partner…… Continue Reading
- THE FEED: The Importance of Proper Hydration and Fun Ways to Jazz Up Your WaterEvery Thursday in The Feed Kevin and Jenna chat with an expert about all things health and wellness. This week we chat with Registered Dietician Nutritionist Yanissa Marte, of @yanissamarterd, who tells us all about the importance of proper hydration as well as fun ways to make you CRAVE some good ol’ h20! image credit:…… Continue Reading
- THE FEED: Reasons Why NOW is The Best Time to Tackle That To-Do ListEvery week in The Feed Kevin and Jenna chat with a local expert about the things that make our lives easier, from home improvement and DIY’s to parenting hacks. This week we chat with Fairfield County realtor Susie Calabrese, of @susiecal_CT, who gives us a happy dose of reality! Susie tells us why the warmer…… Continue Reading
- I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT!All week we have your chance to win tickets to Niall Horan at the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater June 2024! (Yep, that’s right! We’re getting you in a year early!) Play trivia every day at 4pm to win. Here was today’s question if you missed it… Q: Over the course of a lifetime, you’ll do this…… Continue Reading
- THE FEED: A Craving For Lobster RollsEvery Tuesday Kevin and Jenna talk about all things food related in Connecticut with Alex from CT FoodGirly. Today, Alex tells us about all the great CT spots that’ll satisfy your lobster roll craving, and others who are giving a fresh twist on the classic lobster roll! Image Credit: Getty Images… Continue Reading
- THE FEED: Ways to Prepare Your Home For Entertaining Guests This WeekendEvery week in The Feed Kevin and Jenna chat with a local expert about the things that make our lives easier, from home improvement and DIY’s to parenting hacks. This week we chat with Fairfield County realtor Susie Calabrese of @susiecal_CT. Susie gives us great tips on ways to prep our homes to entertain our…… Continue Reading
- THE FEED: Perfect Outdoor Eateries for Memorial Day WeekendEvery Tuesday Kevin and Jenna talk about all things food related in Connecticut with Alex from CT FoodGirly. Today, Alex highlights all the great local spots that feature good food and perfect outdoor dining spaces. Who ever said you have to spend your MDW in front of the grill? Image Credit: Getty Images… Continue Reading
- THE FEED: A Brother/Sister All-Star Duo and The Start of Playoff SeasonEvery Monday in The Feed Kevin and Jenna talk to The Ump Vin Sarullo about everything going on in Connecticut sports. This week Vin tells us about the brother/sister duo who are turning heads on the field and we get details on how teams are performing as playoff season kicks off. Image Credit: Getty Images… Continue Reading
- THE FEED: Fun Things To Do In Our Own Backyard!Every Friday in The Feed Kevin and Jenna talk to Megan from CampByMama.com about all the great things to do in Connecticut with the family. Today Megan breaks down all the fun things for newcomer Jenna to experience in our own backyard. From fishing to firetrucks, Connecticut has it all! Megan’s Mom Quote: “No one lies more…… Continue Reading
Hi, I’m Kevin Begley
I grew up in Massachusetts just south of Boston. Radio has taken me all around the country cracking the mic in Boston, Los Angeles, and Richmond, Virginia. I’ve been here in Connecticut on Star 99.9 since 2012. I live in Milford with my wife Shannon and two beautiful daughters Grace and Penny. My two favorite things in life, after my family, radio and music, are pizza and golf. Before you ask me where my favorite pizza in Connecticut is, please make sure you have at least a few hours to discuss. I’m so excited to be hosting the show with Jenna and hopefully making your afternoons a little more fun and exciting.
List of my favorite things:
Hobbies: Pizza (making it, eating it, talking about it). Golf (I’m always available for 9 holes. Any time, any course).
Movies: Good Will Hunting. Home Alone. Caddyshack. Ghostbusters. The Sandlot
Food: Pizza (see above). Tacos. Sushi. Bacon, Egg, & Cheese sandwich.
TV Show: Lost. Breaking Bad. The Office. Seinfeld. Ted Lasso.
Artist: Mumford & Sons, The Killers, Blink-182, Foo Fighters, OneRepublic, Lady Gaga, Ed Sheeran
Fun facts: I can (sort of) juggle. I once did a radio show with Jonah Hill for a week
Something I hope to learn this year: How to play pickleball. Seems like there’s a lot of buzz
Hey there, I’m Jenna!
I am a Bronx-native thrilled to hang out with you every afternoon on Star 99.9! My radio adventures have taken me as far as Burlington, Vermont where I quickly learned I am NOT an avid skier. I love telling funny stories, and bringing you local and entertainment news updates on-air. Off the mic, you’ll find me spoiling my 2 nieces with crafting or baking dates. If I forget to defrost the chicken, dinner will most likely be sushi or tacos. I LOVE bubble tea and bao. I am a big fan of social media and often find myself going down trending rabbit-holes. Let’s be friends!
List of my favorite things:
Hobbies: Crafting, taking day-trips with friends, and cake decorating.
Movie: Jurassic Park (I’m a big dino nerd) and murder mysteries.
Food: If I could only eat one type of fast-food it would definitely be Taco Bell
TV Show: Comedies like New Girl or Schitt’s Creek and pretty much everything on Disney+
Artist: Lauryn Hill, Ariana Grande, Lizzo, Sara Bareilles, Ed Sheeran, The Fray…the list can go on.
Fun fact: It’s kind of a funny story, but I once won a talent show in Paris.
Something I hope to learn this year: Wheel throwing pottery. I want to have a “Ghost” moment at some point in my life.