This story happened right up 95 in Rhode Island. It starts our scary but turns good in the end.
Two 12 and 13 year old boys heard one of their neighbors smoke detectors going off. They realized no one was home BUT knew the family had 3 dogs who probably were. Quick thinking, they got the alarm code from a neighbor and got inside in time to get all the dogs out safely.
It turns out one of the dogs had jump up on the stove hitting the burner which lit. A wooden cutting board on the stovetop caught fire. Luckily, only the cutting board was destroyed. Fire crews were able to get there in time to save the house as well.
Photo credit: Getty Images
Powered by Walnut Hill Community Church