Every Friday in The Feed Kevin talks to Megan from CampByMama.com about all the great things to do in Connecticut with the family. It’s supposed to warm up this weekend so we talk about some great places to enjoy the weather.
LIST OF EVENTS:
1. Stew Leonard’s in Norwalk, Little Farm opening May 21st 9am-10am. Welcome the goats, lambs, and birds to their new home, Stew’s Little Farm is hosting this celebration that include snacks, balloons, and special appearances by Stew Leonard’s own Clover the Cow!
2. The Bruce Museum in Greenwich, Crafts Festival on Saturday and Sunday, May 21 and 22 , from 10am – 5pm each day. Artisans from all over New England and the East Coast will travel to the Bruce Museum, bringing with them fine contemporary hand-made crafts in jewelry, wearable and decorative fiber, glass, furniture, housewares, pottery, and much more. Reservations preferred.
3. Soundwaters Cummings Park in Stamford, Coastal Clean up, May 21 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. All ages are welcome and wear sturdy shoes and clothing you don’t mind getting dirty and or wet and bring garden or work gloves.
4. Jennings Beach Carnival in Fairfield, May 21 12-10 and 22 12-3, rides, games, food, and fun. Admission and parking are free everyday. Enjoy some family fun at the carnival. Ride wristbands and individual ride tickets will be available for purchase each day.
5. Kid’s Catch and Release Fishing Derby, May 21 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Lynn Deming Park in New Milford. A morning of family fun, prizes, bring your fishing pole, bait, and bucket! Registration required. Ages 4-15.
MEGAN’S WEEKLY MOM QUOTE:
“A good way to prepare yourself for parenting is to talk to rocks because they similar listening habits.”