Every Friday in The Feed Kevin talks to Megan from CampByMama.com about all the great things to do in Connecticut with the family. One of the last summer weekends before Labor Day has plenty to do with the fam. Bluefish, Broadway Disney Shows, and even fun with Teddy Bears!
THE GREATEST BLUEFISH TOURNAMENT ON EARTH! Register until midnight tonight (Friday 8/26) to fish this weekend.
1. Think, play, and create at Grace Farms in New Canaan Saturday 8/27 10/30am-2:30pm. Children and families are invited to spend time together experimenting with new materials and art-making techniques during this facilitated program series. Then explore the beautiful grounds.
2. CityFest at Seaside park in Bridgeport on August 27 & 28! This will be a fun-filled day of music, action sports, activities for kids. Bring your family, friends, and neighbors! Free Admission!
3. Retro 1980s Glow in the Adventure Park in Bridgeport Saturday August 27th. It’s 80s jams and neon lights for a rad night in the trees. Zipline and climb with to of your retro favorites! 6pm – 5pm ages 5 plus.
4. Broadway in Mathews Park in Norwalk, August 27 @ 3:30 pm – 8:30 pm. Relax, picnic and enjoy live performances of Broadway Disney classics including hits from The Little Mermaid, Encanto, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Frozen, Moana and more. Food trucks will be on site.
5. Teddy Bear Fest August 27 @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, children are invited to bring their favorite teddy bear friend to Beardsley Zoo. Plus, bring your teddy bear to the “Teddy Bear Clinic” and get a free health checkup for your friend. Teddy Bear Fest is free with paid admission to the Zoo.
MEGAN’S MOM QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “Bedtime is the leading cause of dehydration in children.”