Every Friday in The Feed Kevin talks to Megan from CampByMama.com about all the great things to do in Connecticut with the family. Heading into one of the busiest weekends of the fall here in the Bridgeport area we talk about the big Sound on Sound music festival, a Pioneer homecoming for SHU, and how you can see some dinosaurs and giant pumpkins.
SOUND ON SOUND – It’s finally here! The inaugural Sound On Sound Music Festival at Seaside Park in Bridgeport. Saturday and Sunday with Stevie Nicks, Dave Matthews, The Lumineers, and so many more. See the full schedule here and look for our Star tent if you’re going!
PIONEER FEST – I’ll be playing music on campus before the big Sacred Heart University Homecoming Weekend before the big game on Saturday. Come party at 1pm in the Recreation Center parking lot to dance and party with us before the game.
1. Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport, Glow Wild Lantern Festival, September 24 @ 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm. Journey through a wonderland of illuminated larger-than-life lanterns inspired by our wild world.
2. Jurassic Quest at Mohegan Sun Earth Expo and Convention Center. Playing Saturday September 24 – Sunday, September 25, 2022. The world’s largest, most popular dino event with unique and exciting experiences for the whole family. Observe the herd of life size dinosaurs.
3. Ridgefield’s Annual Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off will take place in Ballard Park on Sunday, September 25th 10am – 5pm. This is a free event and open to the public!
Attendees can meet the growers, listen to music, and shop the farm stands and other vendors. There will also be musical entertainment, farm animal exhibits, children’s activities, and more!
4. Wilton Athletics Department presents Fan Fest Saturday September 24th 4-9pm. Meet at the outfield of JV baseball field. Tickets can we purchased online @ events.ticketspicket.com.
5. Greenwich Polo Club this Sunday, September 25, for Barbados Day! Last Polo Sunday of the season. A fun afternoon of Polo is being played for the 2022 American Cup.
MEGAN’S MOM QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “Sorry I’m late, I got into an argument with my toddler about socks”