Every Friday in The Feed Kevin talks to Megan from CampByMama.com about all the great things to do in Connecticut with the family.
This weekend there is a lot of unique different things to do. Everything from kite festivals and fishing derby’s to Penguin Plunges and the Wizard of OZ!
1. Let’s Go Fly a Kite! Kite Flying Festival at Greenwich Point Park Beach Saturday April 15 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. Bring your own kite and find space along the beach.
2. Fishing Derby in New Canaan at Mill Pond, Saturday April 15th from 8am to 11am. The Pond will be stocked with over 400 trout. Bait will be provided Prizes provided from local stores.
3. Clean Cove Island Park in Stamford Saturday, April 15 from 1-3pm for a coastal cleanup. This volunteer activity is great for friends, families, and teams that want to make an impact on our environment and stop trash from ever reaching the water. Gloves and buckets will be provided.
4. Fairfield Penguin Plunge at Jennings Beach Saturday April 15th at 11am. Take the plunge into icy waters to support athletes of all abilities who participate in the sports training and competitions Special Olympics Connecticut offers year-round. All are invited to participate in the Plunge, including individuals, friends and families, and teams representing schools, businesses, organizations, and clubs.
5. Wizard of Oz showtimes all weekend at Curtain Call in Stamford.
Megan’s Mom Quote of the Week: “I’m about to start my own YouTube channel just so my kids will start listening to me.”