1. Sunflower Maze at Lyman Orchards is open in Middlefield. Navigate your way through 350,000 blooming yellow, red, and orange sunflowers crafted into a design featuring Clifford the Big Red Dog.
2. The 6th annual Hey Stamford! Food Festival returns for this weekend and next at Mill River Park in Stamford. This highly anticipated event with a focus on food, community, and a Food Truck Frenzy, featuring 40+ food trucks & vendors each weekend! Pizzapalooza; CT’s Ultimate Pizza Party, Taylor Made; a Taylor Swift Dance Party, Real Housewives of New Jersey’s Teresa Giudice and more!
3. Visit a new playground in Darien McGuane Park is open to the public swing by and check it out.
4. Support St. Roch Feast on Saturday at Roch’s Roman Catholic Church in Greenwich, rides, games, music, and, most importantly, mouthwatering Italian food.
5. Harbor Point Car Show in Stamford at Harbor Point Square Sunday August 13 @ 9:00 am – 11:00 am. Attendance is complimentary.
Mom quote: “She believed she could and she almost did, then someone repeatedly asked her for a snack and she lots track of what she was doing.”
image credit: Getty Images