Every Friday in The Feed Kevin and Jenna talk to Megan from @CampByMama about all the great things to do in Connecticut with the family. From a chilly plunge in Stamford, to a fun Taylor Swift-themed party in Ridgefield! Check our Megan’s picks below:
1. Forest of Illusions last weekend at Connecticut Science Center in Hartford. Follow the winding path through where your eyes and mind will be put to the test as you encounter some mind-bending optical illusions. Explore color and light in your eyes.
2. Super Splash Plunge Sunday February 11th, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm at Cove Island in Stamford. Hundreds of people of all ages will run and jump into a chilly and refreshing Long Island Sound. When they emerge (quickly), they’ll wrap themselves in towels and warm up with donuts and hot chocolate on the beach. Help raise awareness about the impact of climate change.
3. Stepping stones Sweetheart Ball Saturday, February 10 3:00 – 7:00 pm. The Sweetheart Ball is your time to shine! Dress to impress and get ready for a night of music, dancing and hands-on fun as we celebrate love of friends, of family and of ourselves too.
4. LET’S SING TAYLOR Sunday February 11 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm at the Ridgefield Playhouse A Live Band Experience – is the ultimate tribute to the music of Taylor Swift! This special event includes a Super Bowl Party pre-show party. Pre-show fun begins at 11am, show is at 12pm. Come early to trade friendship bracelets, enjoy specialty Taylor-themed drinks and concessions, and snap some photo booth pictures!
5. Valentine’s Day Popup Sunday February 11 @ 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm at Designs by Lee in Stamford. Celebrate Valentine’s Day in style at an exclusive popup event for a delightful experience featuring local vendors showcasing their unique Valentine’s Day offerings.
Megan’s Mom quote: “I always say if you aren’t yelling at your kids you aren’t spending enough time with them.”
image credit: Camp By Mama